Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Things I Miss.....

Since starting law school, I've had to temporarily give up a few things that I truly love.  One of those is reading, or better put, reading for pleasure.  I love to read and I always have.  I think I may even have been born reading.

For the past 2 years, I've been a little too busy with law school reading to get in much of the fun reading.  I haven't given up fun reading completely; long ago (so long ago I don't even remember when), I started leaving a book on my nightstand and I read a few pages every night before going to sleep.  But what I miss are the lazy days of curling up on a couch with a good book and reading all day long, especially on cold or rainy days.  I miss not having to remember every detail of what I was reading.  Back then, when I remembered it was because it was an interesting book or an interesting detail, not because I might get called on the following day in class. 

Over the past 2 years, I have slowly read a few really good books a little at a time, but I'm looking forward to having an hour or two at a time of pleasure reading.  In 5 months, I'll be done with school.  In 7 months, I'll be done with the bar.  Until then, I'll just have to keep reading a few pages at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment