Friday, July 9, 2010

Movie Tavern

A friend first told me about Movie Tavern about 4 - 5 years ago.  It sounded like a great way to watch a movie.  And in case you don't know what they are, Movie Taverns are movie theaters and taverns in one (duh!).  Basically you get to watch a movie while enjoying a meal.  Just have a seat, place your order with your waiter, and sit back and enjoy.  They even have a full-service bar. 

There was one in Houston, but it was so far from home that I never got around to going.  Now that I'm in Fort Worth, there are 4 within about 10 - 15 minutes.  I've been meaning to go for a while now, but one thing or another always comes up.  I was planning on going this past week, but I got busy with school.  And now I'm getting started with finals, so I definitely don't have time. 

Next week, my last final is on Thursday, and then I have a class to go to on Saturday.  What does that mean?  That Friday is completely open!  And I just promised myself that I would finally go. 

Now I just need to figure out what to watch.  I think I'll sleep in and then catch a mid-day movie.  Friday's schedule isn't up yet, but based on Thursday's schedule, it look like my options are: Despicable Me, Grown Ups, Knight and Day, Predators, The Last Airbender, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, and Toy Story 3.  I'm not sure which I'll watch, but it won't be Predators or Twilight. 

If you've seen any of the above and enjoyed it, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Next time you come in, we'll go to the Alamo drafthouse. It's the only place we will go to watch a movie. It's awesome! Have a great weekend!

    David

    ReplyDelete