Saturday, July 3, 2010

Movie Suggestions

If you have Netflix, then you know that they suggest movies based on what you've watched in the past.  Occasionally there's actually one I'm interested in watching, but usually I've never heard of them.  I recently noticed that Netflix has started inventing new movie categories/genres.  Based on what I've watched in the past, Netflix has generated the following movie/TV categories/genres for me:
  • Sentimental Romantic Movies
  • Critically-Acclaimed Thrillers
  • Feel-Good Comedies
  • Workplace TV Dramas
  • Witty TV Drama
  • Romantic Comedies with Strong Female Lead
Whatever happened to categories like dramas, comedies, or action and adventure?

I also think it's funny that some movies/TV shows created multiple categories.  Apparently liking "The Office" means I like both feel-good comedies and witty TV dramas.  I'm not sure how it's a drama, but apparently Netflix thinks it is.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment