Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Puppy Adventures

First, I'm going to apologize to anyone who likes to read this blog.  I recently got a puppy.  I tend to write about whatever is on my mind at the moment, and lately that has been the puppy.  What that means to you is that you'll probably be reading some puppy posts for a while.  But the good news is that you can always skip to a later post or stop reading (just be sure to come back eventually!).

Now that that's out of the way.....

Over the weekend, the puppy discovered rain puddles.  We spent the weekend at my parents' house, and we got some rain one night.  The following morning we went for a walk.  Since very few cars pass through the neighborhood, I let her off the leash so she could run around (and maybe get tired).  She's seen rain before, and she hates it.  In fact, she refuses to go out into the rain.  She's seen puddles before too, but nothing like the ones this weekend.  And apparently, now she LOVES rain puddles.  She loves to splash through them over and over until her legs and belly are completely soaked.  And then she loves to jump on me.  I kind of want to be mad at her for getting me all wet, but she's so happy and having so much fun that I can't make myself scold her (or stop her from running through the puddles).  Instead, I let her run around until she's tired, then we go inside and give her a bath so she doesn't smell like a wet dog.  It's amazing how something so simple can make her so happy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment