Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cake Wrecks

I'm definitely not the most creative person, so I love when I come across creative blogs.  And if they feature cake, even better! 

Cake Wrecks is one of my favorite blogs of the moment.  Their tag line is "When Profession Cakes Go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong."  Basically people send in photos of cake they've ordered that bakeries have managed to mangle.  A classic example: Someone calls the bakery and makes the following request, "Please write 'Happy Birthday' and underneath that 'Jane' all in red."  However, what they get is a cake reading, "Happy Brithday & under neat that Jane all in read."

I think if I were to receive one of these cake wrecks, I would laugh.  But unfortunately there are plenty of wrecks wedding cakes too.  While I still laugh at those, I can imagine the bride and groom were not as understanding.

Earlier this week, they had a "lawyer" themed post -- it was like you were reading a commercial for a personal injury attorney.  Since I'm a soon-to-be lawyerly type, I thought it would be appropriate to mention it in my little blog.  If you're interested, click here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment