Thursday, September 30, 2010

Graduation Time Already?

Yesterday, I got measured for my cap and gown and had graduation pictures taken.  I picked up my graduation packet and passed on ordering a ring.  All that's left is to order graduation announcements.  I can't believe I'm actually (almost) done!

The last two years have flown by.  Two years ago, I started my life over in a new city where the only person I knew was my brother.  I admit, that was a little scary.  But I survived and am loving life.  The last two years have been filled with joy and heartache, jokes and tears, roll-on-the-ground laughter and pull-out-your-hair stress.  I've made a lot of new friends and have reconnected with some old ones.  I've managed to find my way around a new city and even have some favorite local spot.  I've started a couple of blogs and dropped the ball on a couple of classes.  I've gotten a new puppy to keep me company and said good-bye to some people I love.

In two months, I will walk across a stage, pick up my diploma, celebrate with family and friend, and then......start studying for the bar.  My plans after graduation include crawling into a dungeon for the next two months and learning everything there is to know about Texas laws and procedures.  A few months after that, I (hopefully) will be celebrating again with family and friends when I get my results. 

Until then, I'm going to keep wondering, is it really graduation time already??

No comments:

Post a Comment