Thursday, September 16, 2010

Breaking in a New Barrista

I'm pretty sure the new barrista at my neighborhood Starbucks doesn't like me.  She did fine the first day, but she's had a few issues the last three times I've been there.

The first time, she was on the register and messed up with my gift card.  After I get my drink and am about to walk out the door, she calls after me.  I didn't know she was talking to me, so I kept going.  Another customer got my attention.  Apparently she didn't put in the payment right and I wasn't charged for the drink the first time and she couldn't figure out how to get past the screen.  I went back and paid, but I wasn't too happy because I was already in a hurry.  I'm sure if I would have said something, the manager would have given me the drink for free, but like I said, I was in a hurry.

The second time, I made her re-do my drink.  I never send drinks back, so you know there had to be something wrong with this one.  It wasn't a big deal, she just forgot to put the mocha in my mocha. 

Finally, this morning I get to the front and she says, "Your total is $3.72."  Since I know the prices for the various things I order, I know this is wrong.  I say, "No, my total is $3.30."  She gives me the strangest look, like she can't decide if I'm crazy or just joking with her and trying to pay less for my drink.  I think the girl on the next register heard me because she came over and told her she put it in wrong.  Girl #2 fixed it and charged me correctly.  When I walked past her again to leave after getting my coffee, she still had that odd look on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment