Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lazy Carpet Cleaners

Like many apartment complexes, mine will clean your carpets for you whenever you renew your lease.  I recently renewed my lease, so I figured I'd take advantage and schedule that cleaning.

In preparation for their visit yesterday, I picked everything up off the floor.  They called shortly before arriving, so I decided to take the puppy and head out to run some errands and visit my sil while waiting for them to finish.  We came home a couple of hours later to clean (and damp) carpet.

Things looked good initially, but then I noticed a few things.  First, they didn't clean under the coffee table.  I didn't expect them to move the couch or bookcases or anything like that, but how hard is it to go under the coffee table.  Second, they didn't move the chairs; they just went around them.  Again, how hard is it to move a couple of chairs.  Finally, the went around the puppy's ball!!  I thought I had picked up everything, but I missed the puppy's ball, and they didn't even bother to kick it out of the way.  That's when I decided that these carpet cleaners are really lazy. Actually, I think it's more work to go around it than to move it out of the way.

If I had actually paid for the cleaning (yes, I know they just include it in the rent), I might be a little upset.  But yesterday all I could do was shake my head and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment