Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family Weekend

This was a good weekend.  My parents came to town for a much needed weekend of togetherness.  I love these weekends, when you don't have anything planned but hanging out with the people you love. 

They arrived around lunch time Saturday, which of course meant our first activity was lunch.  We met up with my brother and sister-in-law and headed out to a local eatery for some good food.  We ate so much that nobody was hungry by dinner time.  My dad and I settled for late night sandwiches, and my mom skipped dinner altogether. 

That might have been the most exciting part of our weekend.  We (my parents and I) did a few more things that day, and we saw my brother and SIL for a little while on Sunday, but for the most part it was a very laid back kind of weekend. 

I miss having these kind of weekends.  Yes, I love living in Fort Worth and I like having busy weekends, but I miss just hanging out with family.  I think we all need one of those weekends every now and then.  I don't get them nearly as often as I used to, and nowhere near as often as I'd like, but that just makes me treasure the ones I get even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment