Monday, September 20, 2010

Bike Thieves

Unfortunately, bike thieves have recently hit my complex.  I have always stored by bike inside my house, but lately I had been thinking I should move it to the bike racks.  It doesn't take up much room, but I don't have all that much room to begin with, so every little bit helps. 

And then I ran into a neighbor trying to figure out what size tire he should buy for his bike.  When I first bought my bike many, many years ago, I remember being told to always be sure and lock the frame and front wheel to the bike rack.  Now I know why.  Check out the pictures.


This bike belongs to my neighbor.  He locked the frame, but not the front wheel.  He now needs a new front wheel. 

However, he's still doing better than this other neighbor.  He locked the front tire, but not the frame. 


Looks like the thieves managed to build themselves a new bike.  So what did I learn from this?  I'm keeping my bike inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment