Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Warrior Update

Well, it's Sunday night and all I can say is I survived a weekend of tennis and soccer.  I could leave it at that, but that would only be a half-truth (lawyers and lawyers-in-training don't flat-out lie).  A cold front blew into town Friday night, so tennis was rained out Saturday morning, and the Sunday afternoon make-up was canceled because of the 33 degree temperature.  So I should say that I survived soccer.

However, in my defense I have to mention that we were short on women today.  It's a co-ed league and we only had 3 women show up, which meant no subs.  And in case you've never played, indoor soccer with no subs is torture.  Everytime I think I'm starting to get in shape, something like this comes along and kicks my butt.  Luckily, the guys were very understanding.  They let the women hang out around the goal playing forward while they handled the midfield and defense.  It also helps that a guy can't score inside the red line (50 feet from the goal) without getting a pass directly from a woman.  That means the women have to play, and if we stay up front like we did today, we don't have to run too much.  But somehow I'm still exhausted.

So instead of tennis and soccer, I played about 40 minutes of soccer.  I managed to fall (or as the ref saw it, got shoved) and slightly scrape my knee, but otherwise managed to escape unharmed.  I'm hoping I'm not too sore tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment