Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Getting Broker by the Minute

Oh, the joys of owing money.  I recently discovered that my student loan provider sold my loans to another provider.  No big deal, they have a right to do that.  My terms stay exactly the same, the check just goes to a new address, so I don't particularly care.  However, I also recently discovered that the new provider is having some issues with their website.  You can do anything you need to on the site, except make a payment.  This I do care about very much.  

I logged into my account, did some checking, and then decided to make a payment.  I clicked Make a Payment and got a big, fat error screen.  I figured there was some temporary problem, so I logged out.  A few days later, I decided to try again.  I got the same error screen.  A day after that, I got the same error again.  I sent an email to let them know, but I don't expect a quick resolution.  After all, the longer their site is down, the more interest they get to collect from students.  Welcome to the world of compounded interest.  Not that I think they're doing this on purpose, I'm just a little frustrated at the moment.

On the up side, I recently got an email from the FBI saying I won the lottery.  That has to be legitimate, right?  I mean, why wouldn't the FBI be the one to contact me about winning the lottery?  Seems perfectly logical to me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment