Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Voices in my Head

I love to read and for as long as I can remember, there's always been a book or two or three on my nightstand.  I find reading to be very relaxing, and I usually read for a few minutes each night before going to sleep.  I started a new book a few days ago and last night I noticed something a little odd.  The oddity isn't in the book, it's with the voices in my head.  The book is set in London, but only one person actually speaks with an English accent.  For some reason, everyone but this one character appears to be American.  Even when they say something Englandy (yes, I know that's not a word), they don't sound English.  And it's not even the main character; it's actually her husband.  Up until now, he seems to be a really good guy, but I'm thinking he's really not.  If he is, why wouldn't he just talk normal like everyone else? 

No comments:

Post a Comment