Monday, March 29, 2010

March Madness

March means one thing for my brothers -- March Madness.  In case you don't know what I'm talking about, March Madness refers to the college basketball playoffs.  Sixty-four of the top college basketball teams compete in a single-elimination tournament, and whoever is left standing at the end is the national champion.

I usually don't care too much about the tournament; I might watch a game or two if nothing else happens to be on.  However, this year my Baylor Bears were kicking butt, so I had to pay a little more attention.  I didn't watch much, but I was keeping tabs on them.  Before the season started, the Bears were ranking #10 in the Big 12 Conference.  And yes, there are only 12 teams in the Big 12.  Baylor surprised everyone and not only made it into the tournament (not an easy task in and of itself), the Bears made it to the Elite Eight.  They went from being ranked #10 in their own conference to one of the top eight teams in the nation.  Unfortunately, that's as far as their run went; Baylor did not make it to the Final Four this year, but they should be a tough team to best again next year.

On the up side, the Lady Bears are still in the women's tournament.  They are also in the Elite Eight and will be playing Duke tonight.  Sic 'em Bears!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment