Sunday, September 4, 2011

Good Food

My favorite food is Italian.  I try not to eat it too often, mainly because I could eat my weight in pasta.  And in case you didn't know, eating your weight in something means you just doubled your weight.  And I don't want to have to buy new jeans.

Friday night I was craving Italian, and I gave in.  There's a chain Italian place that I liked when I lived in Houston, and since it's a chain, they have it here too.  I haven't had it in years, and was really looking forward to a nice meal.  I ordered my favorite dish and was soon presented with a plate full of mouth-watering pasta.  Until I tasted it.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.  It was just ....... ok.  I'm not sure if it was a changed palate, different cooks, incorrect memory, or that it was just ok.  For whatever reason, it just wasn't what I remembered.  And it left me still craving Italian.

So what do you do when you wanted Italian and were severely disappointed?  Obviously you order Italian again the following night.  But this time, I ordered from a local Italian place that I've eaten at numerous times since moving here 3 years ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed my food each time.  I ordered the fattiest, most unhealthy, artery-clogging dish on the menu, and ate every bite of it.  Ok, almost every bite of it; I still had leftovers for dinner today. 

I'll chop this one up to learning -- stick to the local places; they taste better!

No comments:

Post a Comment