Thursday, September 8, 2011

Catering

Apparently I've had food on the brain, because this is the second consecutive post dealing with food.

Yesterday, I received an email inviting me to lunch at the office in celebration of one of the boss's birthdays.  The invitation promised catered food.  Catered?  What could that possibly be?  I'm sure everyone has their own idea of what catered means to them, so just picture your definition in your head.

I admit I was looking forward to it.  I usually have leftovers or a sandwich or something else really quick for lunch.  It's not because I don't have time to make something, it's just that sometimes I can be really lazy.  So a catered lunch sounded nice.

I walked into the office at lunch time to find our catered lunch.  It was sandwiches.  They were a step above Subway, but by no means what I had in mind.  We also had a fruit tray, family size bags of chips, a bowl of M&Ms, and a bowl of mini Reese's peanut butter cups.  The peanut butter cups were the best part.  Did I mention everyone was sitting on the floor?  Oh well, at least there was good conversation and it filled me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment