Thursday, August 18, 2011

Missing My Shuffle

I never thought I would say this, but I miss running.  Ok, who am I kidding?  That's not true.  But I do miss my shuffle.  Huh?

I have two iPods, a nano and a shuffle.  The nano has a ton of music, and I usually listen to it at work.  It has a wide variety of music, and I just listen to whatever I'm in the mood for.  The shuffle has only a small fraction of the music of the nano.  The shuffle is what I listen to when I'm running.  It's full of upbeat songs to keep me motivated and on pace. 

In early June, I fractured my foot and I have not been able to run since then, so I haven't been able to listen to my shuffle since then.  I miss my shuffle.  :(  I know what you're thinking, why not just listen to the shuffle some other time?  Well, because it's what I listen to when I'm running.  I know that's not logical, but that's the way my brain works.  Let me see if I can explain. 

For the first time in my life, I can't wait until I'm able to run again.  Why?  Because that's when I get to listen to my shuffle again.  If I allow myself to listen to it whenever I feel like it, it loses it's specialness.  Right now, it's my motivation to get back on the road.  I could (maybe should) find motivation elsewhere, like because I want to fit into a smaller pair of jeans or I want to be healthier or whatever.  But right now, my motivation is listening to my shuffle, and the way I see it, motivation is motivation, so I'll take it wherever I can get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment