Monday, August 15, 2011

Caffeine High

I am very sensitive to caffeine, a lot more so than most people.  How sensitive?  Well, you know that headache you get when you skip your morning cup of coffee?  I get that after drinking decaf for a few days.  What most people don't realize is that decaf coffee is not completely decaffeinated.  Depending on the brand, decaf coffee still has anywhere from 1% to 10% of its caffeine remaining.  And that little bit is more than enough to have an effect on me.

So why the caffeine lesson?  Because yesterday I was craving an iced mocha.  Normally, I get a grande decaf iced mocha.  Yesterday, in my infinite wisdom, I went with a venti iced mocha.  Yep, that's right -- more coffee with full caffeine.  When I walked in yesterday, I was hot and I was thinking venti means more coldness.  However, in my rush to get that coldness, I completely forgot about the caffeine.  So not only did I get a drink with full caffeine, I got one that has an extra shot of espresso

Fast forward to 3:00 am.  I was still awake.  I drifted off somewhere between 3:00 and 4:00.  Fast forward to 7:30 am.  The dog was now awake.  I didn't get much sleep after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment