Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Update

This past weekend was a busy one filled with family, friends, and wine as well all got together to celebrate my brother's recent marriage. 

I got to see my niece discover broccoli for the first time, and apparently it feels good on her teething gums.  I got to see my cousin's son walk for the first time (first time for me seeing him, not for him walking).  I got to see my brother's new niece follow him around like a little puppy (I think she has a crush on him).  I got to hear the news that there will be a new addition to my extended family soon (sorry, I can't share details until they do)! 

There were family I hadn't seen in months, and friends I hadn't seen in years.  One old family friend confused my brothers (they don't look that alike!).  Some friends of my brother kept staring at me.  Another friend claimed he and  his wife met me 5 years ago and faked being offended when I didn't remember them.  Of course, I haven't seen them in the 5 years in between. 

Mixed in were a couple of soccer matches (World Cup) and a few tennis matches (Wimbledon).  Both of the teams I cheer for are out of the World Cup, and there were a few upsets at Wimbledon. 

All in all, it was a great weekend.  But I'm dead tired and ready to get back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment