Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Today was a typical Father's Day for me.  I called my dad and wished him a happy father's day while wishing I was there to give him a hug.  A phone call will have to do this year.  Later I called my brother, who is celebrating his first father's day.  I'm sure his little girl made it a special one.


I had the greatest dad growing up.  I'm sure that's what everyone says, but in my case, it's actually true.  I remember my dad was the one who would read me bedtime stories and get rid of attacking insects when I was little.  He's the one who learned how to play tennis so that I would have someone to play with.  He's the one who risked whiplash as he patiently taught me how to drive a stick shift in the school parking lot.  There are too many memories to pick a favorite and I'm lucky enough to still be adding more. 

When I see my brother with his little girl, I think about all the memories they are making together, and I can't help but smile. 

To all the fathers and soon-to-be fathers, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment