Friday, June 4, 2010

The Real MIBs

Today, I saw the real-life men in black.

I was stopped at a red light in front of a federal building in downtown Dallas.  I looked over at the car next to me, and there they were -- two men were sitting in a black SUV wearing black suits, black ties, and dark sunglasses (quite possibly Ray Bans).  They even had the slicked back hair.

I guess they could have been something like the BAU since they usually ride around in black SUVs and I can't remember actually seeing the MIBs in black SUVs.  But the BAU doesn't usually wear the black suits.  I know that it's possible they were just two guys sitting in a car, but there was just something a little too familiar about them.  And it really doesn't help that they were in front of a federal building either.

I just thought I'd mention it before it was permanently erased from my memory. 

***************************************************************************************

The good guys dress in black, remember that
Just in case we're ever face to face and make contact
The title held by me, M.I.B.
Means what you think you saw, you did not see
So don't blink be what was there is now gone
The black suits with the black Ray Bans on

Walk in shadow, move in silence
Guard against extra-terrestrial violence
But yo we ain't on no government list
We straight don't exist, no names and no fingerprints
Saw something strange, watch your back
'Causes you never quite know where the M.I.B.s is at

Now from the deepest of the darkest of night
On the horizon, bright light enters sight tight
Cameras zoom, on the impending doom
But then like BOOM black suits fill the room up
With the quickness, talk with the witnesses
Hypnotizer, neuralizer, vivid memories turn to fantasies
Ain't no M.I.B.s, can I please?

Alright check it, let me tell you this in closing
I know we might seem imposing
But trust me if we ever show in your section
Believe me, it's for your own protection
'Cause we see things that you need not see
And we be places that you need not be
So go on witcha life, forget that Roswell crap
Show love to the black suit, cause that's the men in
That's the men in black

No comments:

Post a Comment