Saturday, June 19, 2010

Catching up

I can't believe I haven't written anything in more than 2 weeks!  But in my own defense, it's been a really busy 2 weeks.  I can't think of what I did during those 2 weeks, but I must have been really busy or I would have written something, right?

Here's the short version of my last 2 weeks:
  • I had my first ever court appearance.  I now have a 3rd-year bar card, meaning I get to practice law under the supervision of a real lawyer.  I think it's a great idea, because you get to learn the ropes while someone holds your hand.  Most law students don't get this opportunity, because you have to get a lawyer to agree to "sponsor" you under their license.
  • I made a trip home (with my brother and sister-in-law) to see my dad for his birthday.  We spent the weekend doing absolutely nothing, but we were together and that made it perfect.  I wish my other brother and his family would have been there too, but it didn't work out.  
  • I finally got all my grades back for the spring semester.  I was getting pretty annoyed at my last two professors.  They have exams that were completely multiple choice and still couldn't manage to get the grades posted in a reasonable time.  Professors have 30 days from the exam to post the grades, and they took full advantage of that.  
  • I decided to get off my butt and get back into shape.  Actually, I decided a long time ago, but I just recently started doing something about it.  And yes, technically I am in shape (round is a shape), but not a shape I'm particularly happy with at the moment.  
  • I helped a friend out by masquerading as a judge (name "The Judge") and signed orders banning bugs from entering her house.  All bugs have been found guilty of trespassing and received the death penalty.  =)
There's a lot more that happened over the last 2 weeks, but that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment