Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rainy days

Today is a very cold, overcast, rainy day.  I don't particularly mind rain, as long as the sun comes out eventually.  But when it's cold and overcast all day long, it kind of puts me in a funk.  Aside from the frizzy hair, I don't like days like this because they make me want to stay in bed all day, where it's nice and warm and dry.  This doesn't allow for much productivity.

On days like today, I find myself looking for ways to make it a brighter day.  On my incredibly long 5-minute commute today, I saw a bright yellow VW Beetle.  Why does a bug make this a brighter day?  Well, I'm not sure if you've ever noticed, but yellow Beetles look like little chicks.  And by little chicks, I mean cute little baby chickens, the kind that are tiny balls of yellow fuzz.  This one happened to drive by as I was at a red light, and just like that, I had to smile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment