Friday, February 26, 2010

Lawyers v. Hairstylists

I think I might be going into the wrong profession.  Why?  Because lawyers can't dress however they want to when they meet with a client or go to court.

I got a haircut today and seeing my stylist reminded me of how the other half lives.  Bee's really nice and I love the way she does my hair, but like most creative people, she's a little out there sometimes.  First, she's named after either a bug or a letter (by choice), I haven't quite decided which.  Second, up until today every time I've seen her she's had blue hair.  Third, she was wearing a red sequin top and that matched her ruby-red strappy heels.  Since her black hair now has red streaks, she was dressed in red and black from head to toe, literally.

Seeing her, it hit me that never again will I be able to dye my hair purple like I did in college, and I can't wear sequins in the middle of the day for no reason without getting some weird looks.  Not that I would dye my hair blue or red, or wear formal wear to go to work at noon, but I would like to have the option.  This being a lawyer thing better have some other perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment