Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting Organized

I've always known I'm a little unorganized, but last night I realized exactly how unorganized.  I have a paper due this afternoon, and I started on it around 10:00 pm last night.  Luckily, it's a very short paper, but it's a paper nonetheless.  I was chatting with family last night when I suddenly had a feeling that I had forgotten something.  So I checked my Outlook.  Nothing.  Then I checked by planner.  Nothing.  Then I checked the calendar in the pantry.  Still nothing.  Thinking I must be wrong, I went back to chatting.  But I couldn't get rid of that feeling.

Then it hit me -- I have to write a paper!  Great.  At this point, I wasn't too worried; after all, I've written papers in less time.  However, a problem immediately presented itself when I couldn't remember exactly what the paper was supposed to cover.  So I grab my notebook and start flipping through it.  Nothing.  No mention of the contents, no mention of the due date, not even the slightest mention of the paper itself.  Luckily, I have friends and one of them was able to bail me out.

So what did I learn about this experience?  First, me having (and using) Outlook, a planner, and a calendar do absolutely nothing to get me organized.  Second, since I'm pretty sure I threw out my notes on the paper when I did a little "spring cleaning," I really shouldn't clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment