Thursday, December 30, 2010

Karma

There's a man in my complex who feeds stray cats.  This bothers me for various reasons:
  • It's a violation of the lease.  The lease clearly spells out that your are not supposed to feed stray animals so as not to attract more.
  • Management knows who is feeding the cats, but does nothing about it.  The man is an attorney who threatened to sue if management actually enforces the lease.  It's people like him, people who believe they're entitled to do whatever they want by threatening lawsuits, that are what's wrong with our legal system.
  • Stray cats are not taken care of.  By this I mean that they do not have flea or tick prevention treatments, they are not spayed or neutered, nobody cleans up after them, etc.  This means my dog can pick up fleas, ticks, and diseases from relieving herself the same place they do, not to mention the kittens that show up occasionally.
Last week, karma kicked in.  I was talking to one of my neighbors yesterday who happens to live a few doors down from this man.  Apparently, he took a step up from feeding the cats to trying to domesticate them.  Somebody should have told him this was a very bad idea.  Let's just say he used to have a lot of really nice leather furniture.  I know it's evil, but I couldn't help but smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment