Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Already?!?!

I can't believe that it's already December 21st!  Christmas just sneaked up on me this year.  Maybe it's the weather - it's been in the mid-70s all week.  Maybe it's because I've been super busy - finals, graduation, bar prep.  Maybe it's the lack of Christmas decorations - I don't even have a tree!  Whatever the reason, I can't believe it's Christmas already.  I don't have a tree, I don't have any decorations up, and I haven't finished my Christmas shopping. 

But in the spirit of full disclosure, I should share that I don't plan on having a tree and I usually don't have my Christmas shopping completely done by now.  The Christmas shopping really needs to get done today.  I have a couple of things left to get, and I already know what they are, I just have to make it to the store.  I even have a few things that I purchased online that I haven't gotten around to picking up yet. 

As for the tree, I'm not doing one this year for two main reasons - I don't have a tree and I have a puppy.  First, for the last couple of years I've left town as soon as finals were over and headed to my parents' house for the holiday break.  I didn't bother putting up a tree because I didn't have time (too much studying) and I wasn't going to get to enjoy it anyways (I was leaving).  That's pretty much was happened this year, except my bar prep classes got in the way and my parents decided it would really just be easier for them to come up here.  Since plans were finalized, I haven't had time to go get a tree.  Second, my puppy likes to pull leaves off of plants and loves shiny things.  I can just imagine her grabbing a hold of either a branch or a decoration and pulling until the tree came crashing down.  So, no tree this year.  I do have a plant we could put presents under.  But then again, my puppy loves boxes and paper, so that might now work either.....

I'm sure we'll figure something out.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment