Friday, May 21, 2010

Red Light Cameras

For the record, I hate red light cameras.  In fact, I don't just hate them, I HATE them.  And no, I've never gotten a ticket from one. 

I remember when they started putting them up around Houston.  For a while, they were pretty limited, and I got pretty good at finding ways to avoid them.  Little by little, they started showing up at more and more places, but I was still pretty good at avoiding them.

Then I moved to Fort Worth.  Unfortunately, when you move to a new city, you really only know one way to get to most places.  I'm better now, but I still run into them every once in a while, especially when I go somewhere new.  I've been here for two years now, and I still haven't managed to find ways around all the cameras yet.  But give me another six months or so and I'll be set!

So why am I even talking about red light cameras?  Well, today I saw two firetrucks run red lights at intersections that have cameras and it just got me thinking -- do firetrucks get tickets from the cameras when they run red lights?

No comments:

Post a Comment