Monday, May 24, 2010

Facebook

I've decided that Facebook is the worst thing to come along in the past 15 years.  Why?  Because it's addictive.  If it were just a random site for updating your status, then it wouldn't be so bad.  If it were just a way to reconnect with long-lost friends or keep up with far-away family members, it would be fine.  But no, they had to go and make it fun.  They added photos and games and calendars and games and chatting and games and links, and did I mention games? 

Someone at school introduced me to Facebook.  I had received invitations to join from friends before, but I never really saw the point of it.  This friend convinced me that it would be a good idea to join in case I ever missed a class and needed a quick way to get in touch with people from that class.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  But then she also showed me how to play games.  Big mistake. 

I'm a very good multi-tasker.  What this means is that I can hang out on Facebook while listening to my professors and taking notes.  And in case you don't buy this, I would like to mention that I made the Dean's List last semester....while playing on Facebook through some of my classes (but only the boring ones).  I also get bored relatively easily.  What this means is that I've tried a lot of different games on Facebook, and I'm always looking for something new to play.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment