Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day in my family has always been a little, well, typical.  We call Mom, maybe send a card, maybe send some flowers.  I guess the only atypical thing about Mother's Day in my family is that my mom insists on celebrating it twice.  In Mexico, Mother's Day is always May 10th, regardless of what day of the week it falls on.  So Mom gets two Mother's Days: May 10th and whatever day Mother's Day happens to be in the U.S.  But she's a great mom, so I'm more than happy to let her celebrate it twice.

It seems like a lot of my friends are celebrating Mother's Day for the first time this year.  And in the past two weeks, I've learned that three friends are expecting.  Congratulations to all!

To all the mothers and future mothers, Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment