Friday, March 18, 2011

Jelly Beans!

My all-time favorite candies are jelly beans.  Back when I was in high school, I used to eat jelly beans for good luck before my tennis matches.  It all started when I was really low on energy and doing horrible in a match.  A teammate was watching and offered me some jelly beans during a changeover.  Whether it was the sugar or the much-needed laugh she also supplied, it spurred a comeback and a tradition was born.  From then on, I ate jelly beans before every match.  Needless to say, we were a bit superstitious.

I'm not sure if they continue to be my favorite candy because of random memories like this, or because I have convinced myself that they're actually healthy for you.  I should also mention that I really like Jelly Bellies and Starburst Jelly Beans.  Both of these come in fruit flavors.  The way I see it, if you eat a cherry jelly bean, that's like eating a cherry.  Same thing if you eat strawberry, grape, and orange jelly beans.  There are hundreds (or at least dozens) of more flavors.  If you eat an entire bag, just think of all the healthy fruits you're eating! 

So why am I even thinking about jelly beans today?  Because it's Easter time, and as I mentioned above, I love Starburst Jelly Beans.  Unfortunately, you can only get them during Easter time.  I'm trying to decide if I should stock my pantry with enough to last until next Easter, or if maybe this is just a sign I should cut back...?

No comments:

Post a Comment