Wednesday, March 30, 2011

eCoupons

Like most people, I'm always looking for easy ways to save a buck or two.  For groceries and other essentials, this used to mean clipping coupons.  This eventually turned into printing out online coupons.  Now, I've discovered eCoupons.  Or better put, I've recently discovered a new way to use eCoupons.

I've used eCoupons for online purchases for a while now, but until recently, I didn't know that you could actually load coupons onto your store loyalty cards.  This is great for two reason.  First, I don't have to spend time clipping and sorting coupons, only to end up leaving them at home or forgetting about them and having them expire.  Second, I don't have to limit myself to purchasing items online.

So how exactly does this work?  It's super easy.  First, you need to have a loyalty card.  If you don't already have one, stop by customer service the next time you do your grocery shopping and get one.  Next, go to your local store's website and register.  I tend to do most of my grocery shopping at Tom Thumb (aka Randall's, Safeway, etc), so I made a quick trip to TomThumb.com and registered.  Finally, select the coupons you want loaded onto your card.  On TomThumb.com, simply click on Coupon Center and select the coupons you want to load onto your card.  When you use your card at the checkout counter, the coupon is automatically applied.  No clipping required!  (On a side note, this also works great for those of you with significant others who are "too manly" to be seen with coupons!) 

The other nice thing about this is you can add coupons from other sites, not just the store's website.  For example, Tom Thumb allows you to add coupons from Shortcuts.com, Cellfire.com, and P&GeSaver.com.  They even have a link to those sites on their website.  You'll need to register on those sites and link it to your account using your card number.

And in case you're like I used to be and think that coupons don't make much of a difference, I saved $10 on $40 worth of groceries on my last trip.  That's 25% off without having to clip, sort, or remember coupons; I just spent 15 minutes online, did my regular grocery shopping, and handed my card over at the register!

No comments:

Post a Comment