Friday, January 7, 2011

Short Shorts

This is going to sound a little mean, but I'm going to say it anyways -- there are just some people who should NOT be wearing short shorts.  In case you're not sure if you're one of these people, check the list below.  If you're on it, it's time to reconsider your wardrobe.
  • Women who wear sizes in the double-digits.  I feel like I can say this because I am one of these women, and no, I do not wear short shorts.  My fashion philosophy/motto is pretty much "just because they make it in your size does not mean you should wear it."  I know there are some women who can pull it off, but for the other 99% of us, just don't.
  • Women over the age of 50.  Again, there are some women who can pull this off, but most cannot.  And even if you can, there comes a time when you just have to admit to yourself that you no longer look like you did at 20.  (I was going to put 40 here, but there are quite a few 40-somethings that can pull it off.)
  • Men.  I don't think this one needs any explanation.
So why a random shorts commentary in January?  Because I live in Texas and it's almost always warm enough for shorts, even in January.  And I saw someone earlier today who really should not have been wearing the short shorts -- a 60-something year old man who would be in double digits if he were a woman.  Did I mention they were also tight?  Eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment