Monday, October 25, 2010

Wrong Way Drivers

I'm not sure why, but it seems like there have been a rash of wrong-way drivers lately.  In fact, I've seen three in the past two days. 

Living in downtown, you get used to one-way streets.  And it's not uncommon to see a car turn the wrong way down one of these streets, drive about half a block, realize that they're going the wrong way, freak out, and turn into the nearest driveway, parking lot, or street. 

But this isn't what I'm talking about.  For example, this morning I was taking my dog out for a walk when I see a car turn the wrong way onto the street we're walking on.  There's a small hill about three blocks up, and vehicles disappear from view when they get over it.  That's where I lost track of this car.  At that point, it was still driving (rather quickly) the wrong way down a one-way street.  I was sure I was going to hear a crash at any moment, but luckily, I didn't.  I assuming that they turned off at one of the street a little ways up. 

So what have I learned from this?  Look both ways before crossing the street, even if it's a one-way street.

No comments:

Post a Comment