Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter is Here! Now Please Leave.

Winter hit North Texas on Tuesday, and it refuses to leave.  Like most people, I've been stuck at home ever since.  Texas is not like other places when it snows -- we don't have snowplows, we don't have salt for the roads, and we have no idea how to drive in it.  So what do we do?  We close down the cities and stay home. 

This is a really bad time for this freak snow storm to hit.  We're hosting the Super Bowl this weekend, and while the weather should clear up for game day, all the events leading up to the game have either been canceled or attended by very few people.  I wanted to head out this week and take pictures, maybe meet some fans, but it's just been too cold.  Today, the temperatures have hit the low 20s.  Compared to the rest of the week, that feels downright balmy. 

So while there are parts of the city which are absolutely beautiful when covered in snow, I will not be posting any pictures because I'm too much of a wimp to go outside.  On the up side, I have a warm house and plenty of food in the kitchen, so I'm in great shape until we thaw out.  Until then, I will stay at home, watch some movies, study for the bar, and play with my puppy. 

If you're stuck in this winter storm as well, stay safe and stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment